Public Diplomacy Studies Award
Each year, the Walter Robert Endowment grants a second year student in the Global Communication M.A. program an award of $1,000 and/or $500 based on academic excellence in public diplomacy studies while at GW and professional aspirations in the field of public diplomacy. Here is a downloadable .pdf version of the application requirements.
Although there are no specific requirements, strong consideration will go toward students who meet the following qualifications:
- Select public diplomacy as their degree specialization
- Received high marks in public diplomacy courses taken at GW
- Worked or currently work in a public diplomacy-related field
- Maintain interest in pursuing a career in public diplomacy following graduation.
Applications for the 2016 Award are now closed. Please check back in January/February of 2017 for the next award.
- Degree Program
- Area of Concentration
- GPA (overall and within concentration)
- Public Diplomacy courses taken and grades received
- Other PD-related courses and grades received
- PD-related work experience
- Short essay (750 words max) describing the applicant’s interest and experience in public diplomacy, and career goals. 2. Submit the application electronically to email@example.com.
Selection and notification
Once applications have been submitted, a committee comprised of the IPDGC program director and members of the Walter Roberts Endowment Board will review and determine the recipients. Notifications will be send via e-mail, typically around mid-April. First place winners will receive $1,000. If the applicant pool warrants, a second place award may be granted in the amount of $500.